Closing Date: 19-September-2019
French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children (FMIC) - founded in 2006 is a unique four-party public-private partnership between the Governments of Afghanistan and France, a French NGO – La Chaine de L’Espoir and the Aga Khan Development Network through the Aga Khan University Hospital. The evolution of FMIC from a children’s hospital to an-all-inclusive healthcare facility in 13 years speaks volumes about its growth and impacts. With the availability of 169 beds, modern facilities and above all, well-trained human resources, FMIC has risen to the challenge of charting a course towards sustainable health solutions for Afghanistan. Being the first ISO certified hospital in Afghanistan, FMIC envisions to be a leading institute of excellence and innovation in healthcare, research and education, providing exemplary, safe, comprehensive, accessible, sustainable services to Afghanistan and surrounding regions, while positively impacting the lives of patients and all others whom it serves.
Provide a safe, suitable, and sterile supply of medical and surgical instruments and equipment to operating room and other units in an economic and efficient manner that assists in the provision of high quality patient Care.
The ideal candidate would be able to:
1. Receive and record used equipment/instrument from OR and other units and make sure that the numbers of instruments are meeting the checklist.
2. Report any discrepancies in the instruments received from OR and other units to the concerned supervisor.
3. Wash and disinfect instruments utilizing the approved standards for each item.
4. Dry the instruments and inspect the instruments for any damage/malfunctioning and report to the concerned supervisor immediately for timely rectification.
5. Lubricate the instruments if needed.
6. Pack the instrument trays according to the approved checklists for each specialty or case considering the sterilization requirements.
7. Label the pack with name of the pack, date of sterilization, cycle of sterilization, list of instruments, expiry date and his/her name,
8. Sterilize the surgical packs and instruments based on the sterilization guidelines and protocol.
9. Maintain records of the instruments going through sterilization process.
10. Store the sterile items in designated area and dispense the items to the OR and other units keeping the records as assigned.
11. Dispatch surgical instruments to OR and other units by following related protocols.
12. Run Bowie Dick test every morning to ensure the quality of sterilizer and keep the record,
13. Maintain all quality control records including chemical and biological indicators.
14. Maintain records of each load/cycle of the sterilizer as assigned.
15. Give and take proper over/transmission to/from CSSD staff.
16. Perform and document daily cleaning of the CSSD equipment and the sterilizers.
17. Maintenance of an aseptic environment in the CSSD.
18. Actively identify and report hazards to ensure timely actions to reduce risk of injuries within work place.
19. Operate all equipment/instruments as per manufacturer's recommendation ensuring their safe handling.
20. Coordinate with the OR staff for emergency need of the instruments.
21. Maintain all documentations as assigned by supervisor/team leader.
22. Report exposure to blood and body fluids or any other occupational injury and complete the related documentation.
23. Demonstrate compliance to CSSD, nursing division as well as FMIC policies.
24. Adhere to the infection control practices in accordance with FMIC policies, procedures and protocols.
25. Demonstrate positive and supportive attitude towards supervisor and seniors’/team leaders.
26. Take initiatives towards his/her responsibilities.
27. Work in a team environment, contributes ideas and solutions to resolve problems that will improve teamwork within the department.
28. Perform any other related task as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualification and Requirements
12'" grade completed.
CSSD related training is preferred
Ability to organize workload and identify priorities appropriately.
Good communication and interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport with team members.
Understand basic written and verbal English.
Ability to cope with stressful situations.
Must be regular and punctual.
Keep him/her self-well-groomed and observe the uniform code at nil times.
Model the mission and values of the institution.
Be motivated towards learning and capacity development.
Travel within or outside the country for short/long term trainings/mission when needed.
Represent positive image of FMIC via professional appearance and behavior.
1 year working experience in related field is preferred
Please send your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org and mark the subject with the position applied for. Only short listed candidates will be notified.
Applications should be submitted latest by September 19, 2019.